Monday, November 15, 2010

Inside Out

Hi Everyone! Today on the Penny Black blog all of the designers are are sharing cards that are finished on the outside AND the inside. I often don't finished my cards on the inside expect during the holidays. Its fun to throw in a longer sentiment or add a giftcard holder or both.


I started the outside of the card with a fun Penny Black Mimi stamp layered on a simple scene that was cut out with Nestabilities Labels 8. I added a cork scalloped border, buttons, string and machine stitching to add a little bit of fun and interest.


On the inside I repeated the same Labels 8 die cut and added a Christmas sentiment. I thought it would be fun to tuck in a gift card. To ensure a perfect snug fit I placed the card on the back of the label using it as a guide to lay down my tape. I left about a 1/4 inch between the card and the tape on each side so it would easily move in and out but wouldn't fall out.

I plan on making a similar card with THIS stamp and using them for my son's preschool teachers this year.

Stamps: Gift of Giving, Joy Hope

8 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet, Ashley. love the gift card holder inside. superb design!

Barb said...

Just an adorable card, Ashley! I love your beautiful coloring!

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE!

Ayana Posadas said...

This card is too cute!
Absolutely adorable!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful design Ashley. A very special gift idea!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful! I love this little girl pulling her sled of goodies! Fabulous card! I normally don't like to do much on the inside, I think by the time I'm finished with the outside of the card, I'm just too tired..lol.

carole-ish said...

so sweet, ashley!!

donna mikasa said...

Saw this on the PB blog--love how the gift card is held in place and your coloring is awesome!