Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ginger Joy Tag

Hi Everyone! I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! This treat bag was featured on the Penny Black blog yesterday.


I absolutely adore the Ginger Joy stamp by Penny Black. Its so simple, so cute, so easy to customize, embellish and use again and again. Plus its a cling stamp so its easy to store (bonus!).

First I stamped the gingerbread man on kraft cardstock. I added a few brown shades of distress ink to his body for a "fresh out of the oven" look. The hands and feet were pieced with fabric. I love the extra interest and texture that fabric adds. You will see me use it again. ;) The berries are clear gems colored with permanent marker. Finally, I mounted him on a simple tag and added a few simple borders and embellishments.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Fabulous bag, Ashley! I love this adorable gingerbread man! You've really brought him to life with all the added colors, details and fun fabric! Wonderful creativity! :)

Jane said...

it's PERFECT!!!

Lin said...

Oh, he's SO cute all patched up like you did!

Audrey said...

How adorable! I love it.

donna mikasa said...

Super cute bag topper! Love his different colored hands and feet!