Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Take on Shabby and Vintage

Hi Everyone! Like a lot of you, I've been really inspired by all of the different styles from Card Style featured on Moxie Fab World. Of all four styles (Classy & Elegant, Shabby and Vintage, Clean and Graphic, Fun and Cute) Shabby and Vintage is definatley the most foreign to me. So just for the fun of it I decided to give it a go.

With my supplies on hand I created this warm butterfly card using the Penny Black Enjoy Life set. There are so many great vintage stamps in this set. I used a few additional stamps for the background (Letter Background and Deco).

So this is about as shabby as I go. :) Hope you are having a great day!


11 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

Sooooo Pretty Ashley!! i think you can pull anything off!!

Nicky Hsu said...

Ashley, this one is so cute. Love how you put different stamp to create the background.

Virginia L. said...

You do this style so beautifully, too! I think you are just a closeted Shabby and Chic card-maker :) Love the background and colors! Definitely chic and FAB!

Barb said...

Beautiful! I love this with all the wonderful stamping going on! Lovely colors too, Ashley!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty, Ashley! beautiful stamping!! lovely colors, too!

Kathy said...

Wow Ashley you knocked this out of the park.Love the way you pared all of these different stamps together for your shabby chic look. I was holding the Deco stamp in my hand tonight...now you have inspired me. So beautiful :)

Tiffany said...

Really pretty overlay of all the stamping elements, lovely colors!

Linda Beeson said...

What a beautiful combination all on one card!

Sarah said...

Beautiful, Ashley!

JulieHRR said...

Oooooh, I like your take! :) *hugs*

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card, Ashley! You ROCK at this style, love it!!