Sunday, August 15, 2010

Buttons and Brads

Hi Everyone! It has been hot hot hot here the last couple of days. I'm so thankful we have A/C...even if we only need to use it a few weeks a year. I'm sitting in our bonus room (only room without A/C in our house) and its a cool 85 degrees. :)

I created my card today for the Paper Crafts August Gallery Challenge. The challenge was to incorporate buttons, brads and/or ribbon. You all know that I love buttons and the Basic Grey sets have been among my favs lately.

Aren't these citrus colors yummy? I picked up the coordinating brands and am loving them too!

And how could I forget the wonderful stamps! I used birds on a wire and salutations from Penny Black. Love the birds stamp!


Have a great day! I'm headed back to the A/C! :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Wonderful card, Ashley! Love the fresh colors, cork, and your fantastic design! Stay cool. :)

Barb said...

I know the feeling of that hot, hot weather! We had it here in Minnesota for the past week. 90's, sunny and sooo humid! Today the heat finally broke and it was 75 gorgeous degrees! I'll send it your way, Ashley!

Such a cute card! wonderful design and love the way you used the cork!

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun collage! Love the birds stamp--isn't there a border punch similar to that? Keep cool, Ashley!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet! love your design as always!!

Tiffany said...

Really love the string of birds, very beautiful card, great design on this!

Kathlene said...

Hot here in Arizona too! Love your adorable card. The cork is a nice touch. TFS!

Barbara said...

This is beautiful Ashley! You have such a distinctly beautiful style!

laura vegas said...

i LOVE this card ashley! i'm a sucker for buttons and brads ... and you used them in such a fun and cute way!