Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Down Hill Bicycle Card

Hi Everyone! I just finished up a few cards for Penny Black and am so excited to share them with you...but you'll just have to wait. ;) Their stamps are so fun and addicting...sort of like a potato chip...you can't stop with just one!

But since I have to keep those cards locked up for a little bit I thought I'd show you a card I made for a friend recently. She requested a card for her brother. She wanted the PTI bike stamp going downhill. With that inspiration, I came up with this.

I recently picked up some cork sheets at Michael's because I was so inspired by Dawn's recent projects. Immediately I found out how fragile they are because I accidentally ripped one. After a huge sigh and a little growl I set the damaged piece aside. I went back a few minutes later to throw the piece away....I had an idea! It kinda looks cool torn! :)

Materials:
Stamps: PTI Everyday Button Bits, Hero Arts Woodgrain
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Memories Black Dye Ink
Paper: Paper Trey Ink
Other: Cork, Stitching, PTI Buttons, Prisma Color Pencils

18 comments:

Ayana Posadas said...

I love how you used the cork!
I need to get some of that! :)
Fabulous card!

Sarah said...

Fantastic card, Ashley! Love the torn cork. Can;t wait to see your Penny Black projects too. :)

pink lady said...

Great card, I love the button wheels and fab use of cork too ! x

Lin said...

I agree, the torn cork looks great! Fun card, Ashley!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the down hill bike card! So fun and cool! Can't wait to see your NEW PB cards! I imagine they will be AWESOME....

Barb said...

It DOES look cool!! Love this fun card! So cute, Ashley! Can't wait to see your Penny Black creations!

Tiffany said...

Love the tattered edges on the cork paper, great look! Such a cute bicycle card!

Barbara said...

This is such a nice card Ashley! Add me to the list of people that can't wait to see your PB cards!:-)

Kathy Martin said...

Best bicycle card I've seen! So creative and CUTE! :)

Kathlene said...

Love love love the button wheeled bike. Adorable. I have some of that cork but I always forget to use it. I've never seen it punched before. Thanks for the great idea.

Kelly Booth said...

Such a PERFECT Card Ashley...Love the LO you created here!!

donna mikasa said...

The torn cork is very cool! What a happy accident, huh? Love that PTI bike and button set, too!

Kathy said...

So fun to hear how your card came together...and I love it. Did you get my email ? loved seeing you on the Penny Black blog and big congrats you! Your work that was showcased was awesome ! Hugs,Kathy

Alice Wertz said...

love the cork pieced in this! super card, Ashley!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Ashley! Adorable card! I love how you incorporated the cork! Just fabulous! :-)

Carole said...

What a great card - love the cork detail.
Carole :)

Nicky Hsu said...

Hi Ashley, congrats on your winning of PC's challenge. This card is so cute. What a genius way to cooperate cork in the card.

laura vegas said...

i love using cork, and i will tear the edges of it a lot. and i love the buttons for the wheels!