Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cupcake Tower Birthday Card

Hi Everyone! I had a lot of fun putting together this next card. A few cupcakes and a party banner are two quick ways to cheer up any card!

I started the card by creating clouds using Big Scallops Nestabilities as my template. Then I created my cupcake tower by masking and layering the Penny Black cup-cake stamp. I cut out small triangles to create my banner then stamped them with the vase stamps from THIS set using white ink. I colored the cupcakes with colored pencils, added some Glossy Accents to the frosting and added some sparkle on the candle's flame. I finished the card by adding a few brads, and the sentiment (also from THIS set).


Hope you have a great sunny day!

9 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet! love the cupcake tower and the design!

wendyp said...

this is precious! Love the stack of cupcakes! Awesome color combo!

Virginia L. said...

Sweet Sweet design and colors!! LOVe everything about this yummy card! xoxo

Tiffany said...

Ok! Now this is just the BEST, I love what you did with the cupcake and the clouds look awesome, super cute card!

donna mikasa said...

You and Penny Black are a perfect match! And how can you go wrong with a banner and some cupcakes? Love this!

Barb said...

Love this design, Ashley! Fun colors and the added, matching brads are perfect!

Kathy said...

Oh Ashley you are a genius the way you combine stamps. This cards is so wonderful and clever. Love it to bits. ( F.Y.I The links are all the same)

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Ashley...the colors are so Yummy and it is such a FUN card!!

Barbara said...

Wow this is pretty Ashley! I love the clouds and the way that you layered the cupcakes!