Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lucy's Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone! I loved following Lucy's sketch week and I thought it would be fun to play along with one of her sketches. This is what I came up with using Sketch #3.


I paper pieced part of Penny Black's Butterfly Kissed stamp. I'm trying to embrace more patterened papers so I shopped in my stash and found a few subtle patterns that I love. I really like Penny Black's To You sentiment but it was a little bigger than I needed for this card so I just inked up the "Happy Birthday".



Hope you are having a good weekend! Thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:

Barb said...

So pretty, Ashley! Love all the layers and beautiful stitching! That whimsical butterfly is fabulous!

Virginia L. said...

Love the layering and fun colors! Beautiful take on the sketch, Ashley!!

Kelly Booth said...

Love this Ashley....your cards are always just perfect! I too need to use my pp...always make my own!

Jeanette - said...

This is so pretty, soft and serene, and still so fun. Beautiful card!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet!

Elizabeth Allan said...

So pretty. You have inspired me to use buttons more!

Kathy said...

So beautiful Ashley ! I always admire your card designs :)