Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Three Flowers Thank You Card

Hi Everyone! I'm often asked how I have the time to craft and create with 2 little kiddos at home. The truth is I don't have hours and hours to sit down by myself in the peach and quiet of my craft room. Instead, I take the small moments throughout the day to plan, stamp, color, embellish, assemble, photograph and blog my cards. This card is a great example.


While trying to fall asleep a few nights ago I came up with the sketch for this card and I decided on the stamps and colors I wanted to use. The next day I experimented with those ideas throughout the morning and then finished it up while my daughter took a nap. My son (who just turned three) loves to craft with me and enjoys inking up stamps, cutting with scissors and punching circles while I work. But keep in mind he is 3. :) Craft time only usually lasts about 15 minutes. :) :)


I've really been enjoying THIS Memento Ink set lately. It just seems to have all the colors I love and need. Do you see that piece of wood? More on that later next week! LOVE IT!

Stamps: Thank You 3166D, Golden Leaves, 3982K, Hill Flowers 3938K, Inclinations 3984K, Sentiments 30-025

12 comments:

Deirdre said...

Loved your story about crafting with little ones, know what it's like!!! Adore your card.

Barb said...

Wonderful design, Ashley! So nice that you can sneak in some crafting time when possible. Love the piece of wood. . .what a fab idea!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for sharing your "tips" on taking little moments to create! I did spy wood (The Michael's here carries something like that!). I am inspired to try it now! Love the colors on this card--gorgeous!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great sketch Ashley! I've got to try your layout. Nice bright colors too!

Kathlene said...

Well all those little moments surely are fruitful. Your card is so beautifully designed. Love it!

Tiffany said...

Lovely circular elements, love the variations of colors on each circle!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty. love the design and colors!

Jane said...

Gorgeous!

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

wow, Great work, Love the simplicity.

Kathy said...

What a great idea Ashley. Love the elegance of this. Hugs,kathy

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Ashley! Soooo pretty! I love the Memento dye inks, too! :-)

philippine gifts said...

I love this "Three Flowers Thank You Card". Wish someone also send me like that. Anyway, I've been looking for topics as interesting as this. Looking forward to your next post.


-yumi-