Friday, October 29, 2010

Have a SWEET Christmas

Hi Everyone! I have a fun quick tutorial on creating backgrounds using stamps over on the Penny Black blog today. Be sure to check it out to see how I created this card.


I was shopping at Crate and Barrel last week (a rare treat with two little kiddos) and noticed a HUGE trend in jewel tones.  I walked away inspired and had to incorpoate them in this card. I love how the tiny bit of purple warms up the whole card.

I have a busy day today with the kids trick or treating at my husbands work and then we'll do it again around the neighborhood on Sunday. I hope you stay safe, warm and dry (it always rains here on Halloween) weekend!

Stamps: Penny Black Ginger Joy, Crystalline

8 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Glad that you were inspired when you shopped! I love that when it happens! I also love the pop of purple and the card is so very adorable!I love the tutorial today! You ROCK, Ashley!

Lin said...

Love your card, Ashley! I did follow along on the tutorial at PB, and you showed us some great ideas.

Barb said...

Love this adorable card, Ashley! The gingerbread man's face is so cute!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cute!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great card Ashley. My sister also loves your work and style!!

Tiffany said...

Awww...this makes me smile BIG! Super cute!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is super cute, Love it!!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Ashley! Adorable card! You've certainly captured the jewel colors! :-)