Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beetle Bug Birthday Card

Hi Everyone! I have another birthday card to share today. My 2 1/2 year old son calls these cars "beetle bugs" and when he saw this card he said "is this for me's?". He is a funny little guy.

I created this scene by layering several different green Papertrey Ink cardstock colors. The car was inked using a combination of ColorBox Chalk Inks and is up on dimensional tape. I also really like all the button strings I've seen lately so I had to try that myself!


Hope you are having a great day!
Materials:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Enjoy the Ride, Everyday Button Bits; Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Ripe Avacodo, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, Bitty Dot Basics Spring Moss, New Leaf
Other: String, PTI Buttons, ColorBox Chalk Ink, Distress Ink, Memento Ink, Stampin Up Top Note Die

14 comments:

Sarah said...

This is absolutely FANTASTIC! Lovin' it!

Virginia L. said...

I absolutely love what I see! The bettle bugs card is tottaly adorable! I love all the fun and creative details. The buttons strings are fantastic.. I must try that myself! Thank you for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

What an adorable scene. The beautiful PP gives it so much dimension, and I love your button tree!

Lin said...

Great fresh colors, and I love your little one's comments! Buttons are fun on this, too!

Tiffany said...

Darling card! Super fun colors and design and I love the dimension that the hills gives off!

donna mikasa said...

So cute, Ashley! Love the colors and the car does look like a VW Beetle!

Alice Wertz said...

so cute! love the fun little scene you created!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh how darling and fun! Great colors and design! Just love that little beetle too! :)

Lucy Abrams said...

What a CUTE card - so so sweet.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love this card Ashley! So adorable!

nina said...

Oh, I love the green background - what a wonderful look! It's funny - my 5 year and 2 1/2 year old sons call them 'bug beetles'. Haha!

AMIT said...

Lovely card.

Adsense Alternative

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Ashley! Adorable card! And what a cute story that goes with it! :-)

Jane said...

This is PERFECT!