Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Make A Wish

Happy Wednesday! I have a fun birthday card to share with you today. I used two of my favorite birthday sets. The cupcake is from the PTI Cupcake Collection and the sentiment is from Hero Arts Celebrate All Day.

I don't have any PTI ribbon (yet) so I looped some paper at the top of the focal mat to add some interest. :) The cupcake was colored with Copics and then frosted with glitter. I also have been experimenting with using colored card bases. I usually always use a white or off white card base but I thought I'd change it up a bit.

Finally I added a few coordinating PTI buttons and added a scallop edge (PTI small scallop border die cut).

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Perfect balance of colors and design! I was just admiring how fabulously you used the colored card base!! That's something I need to learn. Thank you for the inspiration, Ashley!

Tiffany said...

Yummo! What a refreshing array of colors, love it!

dustypenny said...

Lovely card, Ashley!

Yaneri ~ScrapyCrafter~ said...

This is so simply cute and adorable! Really like the layout! Vibrant colors!
Yaneri

donna mikasa said...

Your card even LOOKS delicious! Love the PTI cupcakes and how you substituted paper for ribbon! So clever, Ashley!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Ashley..I LOVE all the colors you used!!

Jane said...

GORGEOUS design! LOVE your colours!

Gloria said...

Yum... chocolate! Great colors and design.

Alice Wertz said...

such a sweet card! love the paper tab on the side!