Sunday, April 25, 2010

Enjoy the Ride

Hi Everyone! Today I want to share a card with you that was just featured in the CARDS blog. You can see it HERE. The challenge was to use woodgrain so I picked up my favorite Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain stamp and added it as a backdrop to my little bicycle scene.


The clouds are scallop punches, cut roughly in half and then distressed with light blue chalk ink. I got this idea from Betsy Veldman. She used her scallop pieces to mask. Genius!

The bike and sentiment are from Everyday Button Bits. I gently curved the sentiment then cut the banner around it to fit. I also used the Rickrack die to make the grass and added some black stitching to finish it off.


All paper and buttons are Papertrey ink.

Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on being featured! Saw a whole bunch of Flickr friends and lots of woodgrain! Love your card---the buttony bicycle is too cute!

Virginia L. said...

I adore the use of woodgrain on your card! So many lovely details! Congrats on your card being featured in CARDS blog!!Way to go, Ashley!

Alice Wertz said...

congrats on being featured! such a sweet card and love those clouds, so adorable!

Tiffany said...

Such a sweet design and so colorful too! The clouds bring a lot of whimsy to the entire design!