Thursday, November 12, 2009

Its A Surprise

Hi Everyone! I've been super busy this past week with new projects that aren't quite ready to share yet. I finally decided to dive in and start scrapbooking my kiddos. I have 27 months to catch up on and thousands of photos! Scary....and fun!

Today I have a card to share that is for a friend. Its a surprise and I haven't put it in the mail yet. :) He! I hope she likes it.

Oh, check out that birdie. Recognize him? Scroll down to a few posts and you might see him with a winter hat on. :) I also did some hand stitching on this card. It took me a few tries to figure out a technique that I liked. I ended up punching the holes with my sewing machine and then going back with sewing floss by hand. I like the "chunky" look.

Have a great day!

Materials:
Stamps: Hero Arts Lots of Merry, Flourish Design Block, Happy Hello
Paper: PTI, BoBunny
Ink: VersaMark, Memories Black Dye
Other: Hero Arts Pink Pearls, PrismaColor Pencils, Circle & Scallop Nesstabilities, Brown Sewing Floss

10 comments:

Tricia said...

very cute!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this card, Ashley! I also like the hand-stitching ( I have yet to try that myself).AND I always like to alter the look of a stamp. You make the birdie so versatile. Love THAT!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful hand stitching! Love that look and your hatless birdie, too! Good luck with your scrapping! Looking forward to seeing your pages....

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, you did the stitching by hand, soooo patient of you! Love the colors on this, so super cute and love your birdie too! Congrats on getting some scrap booking time in! Can't wait to see your creations!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet! love those yummy colors! good luck with your scrapbooking!! will we get to see your pages? =)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Really cute Ashley! Love that little bird and your stitching!

Jane said...

Adorable! love it!

Diana said...

ADORABLE Ashley!

Kathy said...

Love this card Ashley so sweet and ADORABLE!!!! Hugs,kathy

Sarah said...

Hey Ashley,
I was pleasantly surprised to receive this beauty in the mail this morning!! Thank you so much! Wow!! I LOVE it and am thrilled to have a piece of your art! You must have done a little detective work to find my addy. I no longer have to 'lust' from afar. ;)
Hugs,
Sarah