Monday, October 5, 2009

Ribbon Pumpkin

Hey Everyone! Happy Monday! Its challenge time over at Caardvarks. What a great way to start the week, huh? This challenge is totally fun! Just create a card using ribbon in a creative way! Are you ready? Here is my first card:

I was walking through my local craft store last week and one of their projects caught my eye. They wove ribbon together and used in on a layout. I took this idea and put a little spin on it by placing it behind a pumpkin shape I cut out using my Silhouette. I kept the rest of the card super basic to let the pumpkin shine.


Oh, the leaves poking out of the pumpkin are also ribbon. The ribbon I used was from our sponser for this challenge, May Arts. I just love their ribbon. It's always my go to ribbon.

Have fun with this challenge!

Materials:
Stamps: Hero Arts Happy Hello (sentiment)
Ink: Memories Black
Paper: PTI, Basic Grey
Other: May Arts Ribbon, PTI Button, Machine Stitching

11 comments:

Jane said...

Awesome card....great idea!!!

Stephanie said...

oh I love the ribbon pumpkin!! Hmmm...what a great idea!! I'm thinking of some ribbon Christmas trees & hearts :)

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Ashley...just A Perfect Little Card!!
I LOVE May Arts Ribbon too....

Tiffany said...

Ok!!! Really in love with your card and this challenge looks WAY fun, will have to find time to play! Love your ribbon weaving technique!

Lucy Abrams said...

Just SO pretty Ashley. Love your ribbon.

Virginia L. said...

Amazing woven ribbons for the pumpkin!I love this card! So very beautiful! You have such creative mind, Ashley!

Tricia said...

wowee that is really cool!

Heidi Van Laar said...

I love this card Ashley! Such a wonderful way to use woven ribbon!

(-: Heidi

Nathalia Castellon said...

This is seriously just so creative and lovely! Beautiful card Ashley!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so creative and super fun!! love your simple design that allows the pumpkin to shine!! wow!

Vicky said...

I love it! Such a great idea! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing!