Skip to main content

Two Owls, So Much Inspiration!

Hi Everyone, I'm catching up and sharing a few cards I made for last week's Hero Arts challenge. There is an endless supply of inspiration on the Hero Arts website so this challenge was well...not so challenging. :)


My first card was inspired by Tami's layout seen HERE and the cute little owl seen in the new Hero Arts store HERE.

When I was looking around the website for some new inspiration I came across a set of cards that Shari made. My favorite card of the set was THIS one. You can see all the cards in her set HERE. So with those four cards as my inspiration I made another owl card.


When I was playing around with the design I realized I needed a white center to offset all of the color. I already had the green frame in place but the four squares continued in to the middle. I was going to mount a white piece in the middle but realized it would be fun to cut out the middle instead and mount the owl on the card base which also gave me a place to hide the tree branch. I'm so excited to use the scrap piece that I cut out from the middle!!!

Materials:
[Guess Whoo Card]
Stamps: Hero Arts Artistic Windows, Big Hoot, Cute Letters
Paper: PTI, Bazzill Swiss Dots Embossed

Ink: ColorBox Chalk, Memory Box
Other: Hero Arts Black Gems & Buttons, PrismaColor Pencils, Machine Stitching, String

[Owl Saying Hello Card]
Stamps: Sending Happy Thoughts, All Occassion Messages
Paper: K&C Company Amy Butler, Bazzill Swiss Dots Embossed
Ink: Memory Box
Other: Hero Arts Pearls, PrismaColor Pencils, Nestabilities Label One



Comments

Lucy Abrams said…
Stunning owl cards Ashley - I love them both. And I also get excited about using scraps. Glad to hear it's not just me :)
~amy~ said…
Such darling owl cards...love them both!

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...