Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Paper Smoochin'

Hi Everyone! After a loooong blogging break I am back to share a few cards with some of my favorite Paper Smooches stamps. Sunny weather is finally here so I've been inspired to make some bright and fun cards. :)

On the first one I started with the adorable bee image in Giddy Bugs. I added him to a cheerful sky (patterened paper is My Mind's Eye from the 6x6 Lime Twist collection) and then thought a colorful banner (from Hang Ups) would brighten this up a bit.


On the second card I was very inspired by Kryssi's card here. After I saw here card is knew I wanted to make a tree with my Hang Ups set too! I added leaves and flowers to my tree and colored them with Copics. I hung the tree house image in Hang Ups with some twine and added grass to the bottom using the pine needle images (also in Hang Ups). I finished the card with a sentiment from Sentiment Sampler and a little bit of glitter on the flowers. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Kryssi said...

Love your cards, Ashley!! I can't see which card you were inspired by, but I'm assuming it was the CPS sketch! Your take is fabulous and I actually created my tree with those leaves and the popcorn flower like you did initially but I mine didn't come out as cute as yours did, so I went with the fir. Btw, I hope you are submitting your cards to the monthly guest designer hunt! :)

Barb said...

Hi Ashley! So nice to see a post from you! Love these adorable cards! Hope you're doing well! Hugs to you!

joeygirl86 said...

Cute cards! congrats on winning the PS search this month! :)

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Super cute cards! Congrats on winning the Guest Design spot over at PS! ;D

Elizabeth Allan said...

Hello Ashley. Love your happy and bright cards.

Jane said...

Adorable! LOVE them both!

Tiffany said...

Super cute cards, always so fun to see your fun and bright designs!

Melonie said...

Super cute cards!

Christiana said...

So glad you're back! I checked in here nearly every day to see if you'd posted anything new. I love your work! These two cards are so adorable. I love that you're using Paper Smooches. I don't have any of my own yet, but I think their images are incredibly cute and I love to be inspired by other using what I love. Great job on these. Don't stay away long!