Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm Back! :) :) :)

The last week and a half has been crazy! A few Wednesday's ago I was walking up to my craftroom after putting my son down for a nap...my water broke...a few hours later I had a new baby girl instead of a finished card. :) I am so blessed to have two adorable children and can't wait until we can all play, color and stamp together!!!

So here is the card that was left half finished. I had some very rare free time to finish it a few days ago and finally was able to photograph it today. I intended to submit it to the Hero Arts Distress week challenge but missed the due date. Lucky for me the challenge this week is Flowers so it works for that too!

I used a ton of Hero Arts stamps on this card. The script stamp from the Artistic Windows set was used to create a subtle background on the blue cardstock. I stamped the Raindrop Background stamp on the clear button, white flower and craft cardstock. I also added the Heart Winged Butterfly with some Ranger Distress Ink and finally stamped the Thanks setiment from Card Messages set.

Have a great day!

14 comments:

Natophil said...

Beautiful! TFS!

donna mikasa said...

Love your "unfinished card" story! Hope you find the balance of family time and cardmaking! Nice to see your cards as always! Take care, Ashley!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

So adorable!!!! The story, you and your awesome card!:)

Happy NSD to you Ashley!

Diana said...

Congrats again on your lovely new baby Ashley. Love the card. The shadow butterfly is fantastic.

Laura said...

The story cracks me up. Start card. Give birth. Finish card. Love it! Congratulations on your new family addition. I wish you all well.

Lucy, England said...

Fantastic card Ashley and fantastic story. You make having a baby sound pretty easy :) SO happy to see a new submission of you, I have been thinking of you and missing you. This card is totally gorgeous.

Ingen said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! And what a loverly card you made :D

Nancy said...

Very beautiful card.
Glad everyone is doing fine!

laura vegas said...

guess having a baby is a good reason to NOT finish a card. lol! gorgeous card. and huge congrats on your new girlie!

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

I love the soft beauty you've created! Lovely!!

I'm so glad you got your card finished! ;)

Heidi Van Laar said...

Wow! You are amazing to be back to crafting already! Beautiful work too!

Stamping Cafe said...

Welcome back Ashley!! Good to see your gorgeous creation again! Awesome card, love it!!

Anne said...

Hi, Ashley! Great story! I love the way you stamped the butterfly so it looks like a whisper or a shadow. So cool! :-)

sideoats + scribbles said...

What a great story! Love how the card came out! And congratulations again! Hugs! :)