Sunday, March 21, 2010

Poppy Seed Challenge #2


Hi Everyone! I'm a big fan of Lisa Johnson. She is one of the best. She just started doing her own challenges and they are so fun!

The current challenge is to combine buttons, polka dots and the color light moss. I made a few cards inspired by her challenge and also by spring clothing (a fun tip Tami used on the Hero Arts blog this week).


The first card was inpired by a denim jacket I have. The large flower was embossed then shaded with white colored pencil. I used cling dots for my background. I like how the dots make the card a little less serious.


The second card was inspired by this girl's dress I saw last week at the Gap. Isn't it fun?

Here is my card. I used the Bird on a Branch stamp from Hero Arts paired with some buttons and gems from PTI. The sentiments on both cards are from the Hero Art's Thoughtul Messages clear set. Oooo and did you spot the new PTI medium scallop die cut! I'm totally in love. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a great day!


21 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the very sweet elegance of both cards, beautifully done!

Virginia L. said...

Both are lovely and ...well, GORGEOUS, too! You did the color challenge so beautifully! Love your inspiration!

Alice Wertz said...

lovely cards! love the colors and your designs are beautiful!

Jane said...

I'm just LOVING these cards! GORGEOUS!!!

Kathy said...

Oh so beautiful Ashley!!!! Colors, design..everything. HUgs,Kathy

Lucy Abrams said...

Gorgeous cards Ashley - and thanks for pointing out this challenge - that's my kinda challenge :)

Kelly Rasmussen said...

simply adorable cards ashley!

JulieHRR said...

Love how you used that gorgeous blossom on this design, Ashley! Lovely!

Pam W. said...

Great job. Your cards are awesome. Love the color scheme.

Ayana Posadas said...

You did such a great job at making the card with the dress! I love how you incorporated the colors and the design! Very creative! :)

DominoDebi said...

I think they're both terrific! And thanks for the link to a new challenge. I'm determined to try something new and different....

Kryssi said...

u did a great job, ashley!!

Kelly Booth said...

Such cute cards Ashley...Love your colors so Fresh!

Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) said...

Love both of your cards!! Congrats on your bloomer award!:)

Jinny Newlin said...

Such pretty cards! Congrats on becoming a top five bloomer!

Kelly Rasmussen said...

congrats on being chosen as a bloomer...i just LOVE both these cards!

trinharrieta said...

Congrats on being a Top 5 Bloomer! Your card is so pretty; just love all those colors together!

vicki B. said...

Love both of these cards! The color combo is wonderful!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Ashley! I love the way you used the white colored pencil to add shading to the large flower. And, you're right, the polka dots do inject some fun! :-)

nina said...

Congrats on being a 'Bloomer' in the Poppy Seed challenge! I love your cards - grea colours & details.

*****Paradise Kitchen***** said...

Just found your lovely card designs on Flickr!

Have featured your cute Easter card on my blog today.

Keep doing what you do, they're fabulous designs!

Have a great Easter!