Skip to main content

Scooting By

Hi Everyone! How about a bright and colorful card today? It all started with some patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket paired with the SUPER cute Paper Smooches scooter.


I used a Copic marker to shade in the wheels and lights. Just an easy trick to avoid small paper piecing. For the clouds I used the reverse side of the stamp (the part that normally clings to the block) to stamp the white fluffy image and turned the stamp over to the right side and inked actual cloud image right on top. The die cut button, edge design and banner are all from Papertrey Ink.


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great day!

Comments

Kelly Booth said…
Soooooooooooo cute Ashley...I love your super sweet card!
Anonymous said…
Such a cute card Ashley!
I would *totally* love to ride a scooter like this one - even though I don't drive or ride anything... I prefer to walk everywhere! But this scooter looks too much fun ;)
Hugs, Ruth S
Kathy Martin said…
Fun! Where can I get a polka dot moped? ;)
Barb said…
The way you created the clouds is so clever, Ashley! Love that adorable, polka dotted scooter! Such a fun card!
Jana said…
This is so darn cute!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Too cute, love this! What Cosmo Cricket line is this?
Tiffany Ervin said…
Oops! Sorry, guess I should have clicked on the link first! Got my answer!
Anonymous said…
Ooo, I love the bright colors on this one!
Katy said…
I absolutely adore the polka-dotted scooter! Great card!
Very fun cards! Great use of color. I also have a soft spot for scooters and who wouldn't want this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...