Skip to main content

Ice Cream Birthday

Hi Everyone! This was a crazy week waiting and waiting to hear if some of my cards would make the latest Paper Crafts magazine...but they were all rejected. Bummer! I'll try again next time. :) Lots of crafting friends have been posting their rejects and I thought it would be fun to share one of mine.


This card uses Hero Arts new Life of the Party Birthday set. I've already made a few birthday cards with it and I can't wait to use it more!


Hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Kelly Booth said…
There must have been lots of entries for YOU to be rejected...you don't make bad cards..this is sp sweet Ashley...
Barb said…
I can't imagine how anyone could ever reject one of your cards! This one is ADORABLE, Ashley!
Virginia L. said…
This is a "reject"!!???? What were they thinking, huh!!? (I didn't submit any!). This ,to me, is VERY pub-worthy!! Keep trying!! I know YOU can do it :)
Lin said…
Ashley, you'll get it next time! At least you tried....I'm still getting up the courage to do that! Keep on trying, please! I'd love to see your cards in a magazine!
maryse n. said…
This card is so CUTE!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. They are crazy not to have chosen it. I really, really love it.
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Oh gosh, this is the cutest thing ever!
Sarah J Moerman said…
Wow! This is FABULOUS, Ashley!!! Love it!
donna mikasa said…
I can't see why your card was rejected, but you have a great attitude--"try again!" I'm sure you'll be published soon...love your work!
Joy said…
Well I am so surprised that this fabulous card is a reject, this is such a fun card and I love it!
Jane said…
LOVE this!!!!
Glenda J said…
Oh my gosh - so cute!
Donna B. said…
Those cones are too cute!!!
Anonymous said…
Super cute card Ashley! I love your happy, paper-pieced ice-creams, Hugs, Ruth S
Lucy Abrams said…
So glad you're going to try again Ashley because your card are always stunning and beautifully crafted and this is no exception. Love those colourful ice cream cones. :)
Deirdre said…
Ashley - this is gorgeous. Winner in my book!
Elizabeth Allan said…
You cards are great Ashley. Keep submitting!
Ice Cream Cones said…
That ice cream cards is cute. Hope you will create more birthday cards Ashley. I will try to create a birthday card also with the concept of an ice cream; I think that would be cool.
Nancy said…
I love this card, Ashley! I can't imagine how anyone could reject something so perfectly designed. I love how you put the cones on a white background, that is just brilliant. I'm sure I will CASE this at some point, thanks for the fabulous inspiration...
blessings~

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...