Skip to main content

Hanging on a Branch

I've read many blogs this month from crafters saying they want to be better at using their current supplies. We all love new things but its also fun to look back and find some old forgotten favorites. My card today features a few of my older stamps and even one of my very first clear sets!

Last valentines day I made a card with a heart growing like a flower. This year I decided to hang them from a tree!

I also lightly stamped some PTI text images around the edges of the card.

Off to enter this in a few fun challenges going on right now: Hero Arts Friendship & Hearts and Virginia's Beat the Winter Blah's.

Have a great day!

Comments

Sarah M said…
So cute! Always amazed by your sketches and color combos. True eye candy! :)
Virginia L. said…
Wow! This is simply DELIGHTFUL! Love your color combo and I am glad that you took out the old stamps as they are just as spectacular as the new ones...Thanks so much for entering the challenge. I know I'm going to have a HARD time judging... :)
Tiffany Ervin said…
LOVE THIS! Makes me all happy inside, beautiful design and color scheme!
Lin said…
This is certainly a WOW card, perfect for Virginia's challenge! Love, love your idea!!
Nancy said…
Ashley, I love those hanging Valentines! They are so colorful too!
Tracey said…
Oh Ashley!!! This is so cute and clever....so PERFECT for Virginia's challenge!!! Wish I had that old set :)
Julie Batta said…
Ashley, this is so cute and those colors are so bright and vibrant. I always love your cards!!!
This is simply fun, colorful, and just overall perfect! Way to use that "older" stash!!
Alice said…
this is super duper cute, Ashley!! i love love love the colors and the super fun image that you created! fabulous card!
Vanessa said…
This is super cute! Love it! You should enter it for the CARDS blog challenge, too! You are using a branch and that`s this week`s theme...
Courtney Baker said…
So cute! I love the clean design!
Tammy said…
This is so cute! Love your colour scheme!
Kelly Booth said…
So CUTE Ashley.....Love this sweet card!!
Clare said…
So elegant, clean and beautiful; love it! :)
Unknown said…
lovely idea, elegant but simple x
anaRy said…
I am a sucker for birdies...love yours!
Virginia L. said…
Thanks again for entering the challenge. Due to my own fault, Mr Linky got deleted by accident ( I almost had a heart attack)!!! I am now asking you to re-link it again through Vicky's DH site InlinkZ. Sorry about this mishap...(live and learn for me).
Axes DesigNs said…
Oh.. your card is so cute! Ilove the hearts !!!

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...