Skip to main content

Tres Chic-kie

Happy Sunday everybody! I didn't think I'd be entering this week's Hero Arts challenge but I was reading through my favorite blogs yesterday and was totally inspired by Jennifer Holmes. Love when that happens! Within a few hours I had this card put together.

I had fun adding a few extra details. I curled the beak around a pencil to make it curve. Then put two layers of dimensional tape under the middle to support the shape. I also made accordion feet. These can fold flat for mailing. :)


Materials: Hero Arts Stamps (Basic Lower & Upper Case Letters, Wavy Leaf Pattern, Many Hearts), Hero Arts Flowers, Hero Arts Button and Gems, Black Buttons, BoBunny Paper, String.

Have a great day!

Comments

Wow...this is so cute!Bright color...just perfect for happy easter!Love it!
Lisa Carroll said…
This has to be one of the most adorable cards I've seen in a long, LONG time, Ashley! Simply precious. :)
Anne said…
Hi, Ashley! This is soooooo cute! I adore the accordion feet! Super creative idea! :-)
Anonymous said…
I already commented at Flickr, but I just had to come over here and say, "Well done!" I love this and am going to lift it so I can make one for Gigi's Easter basket!
Nancy L. said…
This is such a cool idea! Thanks for sharing your talent.
Diane said…
This is so darn cute!!!! Love it...very creative!
Kryssi said…
this is the cutest thing ive seen in awhile!
Christa said…
WOW what a lovely chickie!
Anonymous said…
Very cute! Could you make more Easter cards?? I'm running low on ideas!
Kelly Booth said…
Your chick is so Cute Ashley...Just LOVE everything about it!!
**Nancy** said…
This card is soooooo cute!!! I love it!!!
Laura said…
This is the cutest card! Made me smile!
~Lori Roop said…
Too cute! This is full of darling, darling deatails!!! I love the accordian feet!
I just love this, you are so clever! I love the bright colours and the heart accordian feet are sooooo cute!
Anonymous said…
/////////this is the cutest thing i have ever seen. how did u get the hair all jagged like that?
love it love it love it
marie
Anonymous said…
I just like this cute and adorable card for Easter.
Thank you
Delama
laxmom said…
Adorable. Would you be able to tell me how you got the jagged hair for the chick. Is it a hero arts type of die. I just love this card.

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...