Skip to main content

Inside Out

Hi Everyone! Today on the Penny Black blog all of the designers are are sharing cards that are finished on the outside AND the inside. I often don't finished my cards on the inside expect during the holidays. Its fun to throw in a longer sentiment or add a giftcard holder or both.


I started the outside of the card with a fun Penny Black Mimi stamp layered on a simple scene that was cut out with Nestabilities Labels 8. I added a cork scalloped border, buttons, string and machine stitching to add a little bit of fun and interest.


On the inside I repeated the same Labels 8 die cut and added a Christmas sentiment. I thought it would be fun to tuck in a gift card. To ensure a perfect snug fit I placed the card on the back of the label using it as a guide to lay down my tape. I left about a 1/4 inch between the card and the tape on each side so it would easily move in and out but wouldn't fall out.

I plan on making a similar card with THIS stamp and using them for my son's preschool teachers this year.

Stamps: Gift of Giving, Joy Hope

Comments

Alice said…
this is so sweet, Ashley. love the gift card holder inside. superb design!
Barb said…
Just an adorable card, Ashley! I love your beautiful coloring!
Ayana Posadas said…
This card is too cute!
Absolutely adorable!
Elizabeth Allan said…
Wonderful design Ashley. A very special gift idea!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Beautiful! I love this little girl pulling her sled of goodies! Fabulous card! I normally don't like to do much on the inside, I think by the time I'm finished with the outside of the card, I'm just too tired..lol.
Anonymous said…
so sweet, ashley!!
donna mikasa said…
Saw this on the PB blog--love how the gift card is held in place and your coloring is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...