Skip to main content

Happy Dad's Day!

Hi Everyone! I'm back to show you the card I made for my Dad for Father's Day. I was inspired by Lucy's challenge, Betsy's challenge and my Dad's new bird watching hobby. I love when so many bits of inspiration come together! :)

Lucy's challenge was to use light blue, kraft and white. I opted for a little darker blue so I hope that is okay. ;)
Betsy's challenge was to create a masculine card inspired by men's clothing. The first idea that popped in my head was the fun, funky and oh so traditional argyle socks for Dad!

Have a great day!

Materials:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Bird Watching Addtions, A Little Argyle; Hero Arts
Happy Dad's Day
Ink: ColorBox Chalk Ink, Ranger Distress Ink, PTI White Ink, VersaMark
Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft, Ocean Tides; Neenah White
Other: PTI Twine, Jane's Buttons

Comments

Lin said…
This is a wonderful Father's Day card, Ashley! Love the colors and your design!
Barb said…
Love that three different things inspired this beautiful card, Ashley!! The birds are so lovely! :)
Betsy V said…
What a great card, Ashley! You can never go wrong with argyle! :-) Thanks for playing along!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman
Sarah J Moerman said…
Fabulous Father's Day card, Ashley! Love it!
Kryssi said…
super sweet, ashley! i just got that birdie set too!! cute cute!
Alice said…
beautiful father's day card! love the argyle background!!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Love the serene and gentle look on this, definitely perfect for a masculine card!

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...