Skip to main content

Make A Wish

Happy Wednesday! I have a fun birthday card to share with you today. I used two of my favorite birthday sets. The cupcake is from the PTI Cupcake Collection and the sentiment is from Hero Arts Celebrate All Day.

I don't have any PTI ribbon (yet) so I looped some paper at the top of the focal mat to add some interest. :) The cupcake was colored with Copics and then frosted with glitter. I also have been experimenting with using colored card bases. I usually always use a white or off white card base but I thought I'd change it up a bit.

Finally I added a few coordinating PTI buttons and added a scallop edge (PTI small scallop border die cut).

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!

Comments

Virginia L. said…
Perfect balance of colors and design! I was just admiring how fabulously you used the colored card base!! That's something I need to learn. Thank you for the inspiration, Ashley!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Yummo! What a refreshing array of colors, love it!
This is so simply cute and adorable! Really like the layout! Vibrant colors!
Yaneri
donna mikasa said…
Your card even LOOKS delicious! Love the PTI cupcakes and how you substituted paper for ribbon! So clever, Ashley!
Kelly Booth said…
So cute Ashley..I LOVE all the colors you used!!
Jane said…
GORGEOUS design! LOVE your colours!
Gloria said…
Yum... chocolate! Great colors and design.
Alice said…
such a sweet card! love the paper tab on the side!

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...