Skip to main content

Avery Ellle Winter Wonderland Wonders

Hi Everyone! Ashley here sharing a few tips using the new Winter Wonderland Wonders stamp set and dies. I love creating layered scenes and I'm going to share how easy it is with you today!


To create my card I started by cutting a piece of Post it Tape in the shape of a hill. You can free form cut this or use a die like Picket Fence. I like to add a piece of copy paper to the side of the tape I want to mask so I have great coverage on my card. Next, lay the mask on your card surface and add ink. Tip: concentrate the ink close to the mask and then fade it out. Move your mask up our card and turn it slightly, layering a background of hills. I created 3 hills but you can created as many as you'd like!


Next, stamp a tree at the top of your hill. This adds fun depth and interest. Next, stamp and die cut the animals you want in your scene. I chose the bear, bunny and deer. Aren't they cute?

Place the animals on each hill, varying their position on the card. Tip: put the animals below the hill line for a more realistic look. 


Finally, stamp the sentiment and add sequins, patterned paper or any other embellishment you'd like. 

Tip: when I find a layout like this that I like, I often repeat it. HERE is another card I created using the layered scene. 

Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see what you create!

Comments

Deneen said…
I love how light and airy your coloring always looks. Are you using copic markers for these?

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...