Skip to main content

Pink Pink Pink

Hey Everybody! For this card I had a few design ideas in mind before I got started. I liked Dawn's scallops here and I wanted to try another version of a butterfly like I did here. Usually before I start a card I pull out all the papers I want to use. For this card I pulled out a bunch of pinks, kraft and brown. After I put the pink elements together I ditched the browns and went with black. I don't use it often but am glad I did for this card. Maybe it will inspire me to use it more often. :)

I wasn't looking forward to using my border punch for the scallop detail so I came up with the idea to cut out a bunch of scallop rectangles using my Nestabilities and trimmed them in to rows. Much easier. :)

Materials:
[Love You Butterfly Card]
Stamps: Hero Arts Heart Winged Butterfly, Many Hearts
Ink: Memories Black Die, StazOn Black
Paper: PTI, BoBunny, Bazzill Swiss Dots Embossed
Other: Black Hero Arts Gems, String, ShortCuts Acetate, American Crafts Buttons

Comments

Beverley said…
Beautiful striking card Ashley! I was inspired by the way Dawn had done the scallops on her card too. You have used them well!
Vanessa said…
I love the black with pink! I have to try some pink soon, usually I am not a pink girl...

Hugs,
Vanessa
Unknown said…
I love this! How clever to line up the nestabilities for your scallops!
donna mikasa said…
LOVE the scallops...such a perfect card!
Deneen said…
I just may have to buy some nestabilities LOL. Beautiful card.
Kristina said…
Hi Ashley - I absolutely love your card - and especially the butterfly - it looks so effective - you have inspired me to try one!
Michele Kovack said…
This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! WOW!!!
Kelly Booth said…
A GORGEOUS Card Ashley...i LOVE the Pink and Black together and your lay out too....
Diana said…
Ashley, this is just FANTASTIC. Great design and colors!
Dotty said…
This is one of the cutest cards I've seen in a long time. Love the pink and black and butterflies are my fav.
Carrie Gaskin said…
So very pretty! I just love this. Those scallops are awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW  Paper Smooches  AUGUST release with you!  FOUR  new  stamps and EIGHT  new  dies will be available to purchase on July 31st at 8:00pm pacific time. Once our release goes live, you will find our new products  HERE .   To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!  The prize - a  $25 . gift code to choose what you like at the  PS online store . Here are the details: FOUR  winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the  PS Blog  to win the $25. prize. Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)  Deadline: You have until midnight PT on Sunday, August 4th to leave a comment.  Please check the  Paper Smooches blog  on ...

Top Cards Part 1 & GIVEAWAY!

*** IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS LEAVING A COMMENT GO TO www.cherryhilldesign.blogspot.com *** I don't know why but entering my site through www.cherryhilldesign.com is not allowing the user to leave comments but entering through blogger works just fine. Happy commenting. :) Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite cards (Part 1) from 2012 AND I'm participating in the Season's Giving Blog Hop. Its a HUGE giveaway blog hopping extravaganza! :) Hop around and try to win some free stuff. Easy right? My prize pack is listed below along with the other participating blogs. To win my prize pack just leave a comment on this post by January 1st at midnight PST and come back to see if you won on the 2nd. :)   Enjoy a few cards and don't forget to leave a comment. :)   This "You Rock" card is in the new 75 Creative Card Challenges special issue. The issue is amazing. ;) One of my all time favs.     T...

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Welcome to the Mama Elephant Release Design Team blog hop! The newest release is now live and available for purchase in the store! www.mamaelephant.com I created a card with three of the new stamp sets. It features Freestyle Florals plus stamps from Zenith Borders and Bear Hugs.  I started by die cutting a white mat from Femme Frames . Next, I stamped the flowers and leaves from Freestyle Florals in several colors of pigment ink . I sponged a few coordinating colors around the edges. Next I die cut a tag from Tags a Lot . I didn't need the entire tag so I used the Femme Frames die again to trim off the top which added the stitched border.  I stamped the sentiment from Bear Hugs and the branches from Femme Frames. The card was finished with my favorite background from Zenith Borders. This is a knock out release. I know you'll love it! To celebrate the new release, Mama Elephant is picking 3 winners to win their choice of stamp set...